All the information you need, to get a jump start on your new life within the Urban Campus Community.
Your arrival is right around the corner and we’re getting ready to welcome you here, at Urban Campus Mellado Coliving! We have prepared for you this onboarding guide to facilitate your move and help you settle in.
🚀 How to get to the coliving?
Mellado Coliving is in the Chamberi neighborhood. The address is: Calle Andrés Mellado 80, 28015 Madrid (Google Maps link here).
The closest metro station is Islas Filipinas (line 7, orange), just 200m from the coliving!
Tip: 🗺 Download the Google Maps map of Madrid before you arrive, to be able to consult it offline, if you find yourself without wifi upon your arrival in the city.
From the airport
- Taxi: The taxi is the best option if you arrive at night or if you are pressed for time. The taxi stand can be found right at the exit of the airport. The price is fixed at 30€, no matter where in the centre of the city you are headed. The taxi will drop you off right outside our coliving, in around 25 min.
- Metro: All airport terminals have access to the metro. It runs from 6.00 to 1.00 (more or less). The price is around 5-6€ and the duration of the trip is a bit less than 1 hour.
Line 8 (pink): Airport > Nuevos Ministerios - Line 10 (dark blue): Nuevos Ministerios > Gregorio Marañon - Line 7 (orange): Gregorio Marañon - Islas Filipinas.
From Atocha train station
- Taxi: The taxi stand is right outside the station. It's a 15 min journey from the station to our coliving.
- Metro: Metro is available from 6.00 to 1.00 (more or less). The price is around 1,50-2€ and the duration of the trip is around 30 min.
Line 1 (light blue): Atocha > Cuatro Caminos - Line 2 (red): Cuatro Caminos > Canal - Line 7 (orange): Canal - Islas Filipinas.
Please note that you must pay for parking, in the street outside the coliving, and it is limited to 2 hours in green zone and 4 hours in blue zone.
🏠 How to access the coliving?
Moving-in is easy and hassle free, so you can arrive whenever your want. You'll receive all the instructions by mail to move-in just before your start date but here is a summary of the different steps.
Step 1: 📱 Install the Mobile door opening app on your phone
You will receive an email to the email address you used to subscribe to Urban Campus, with the subject "Your invitation to Urban Campus / Su invitación a Urban Campus", from Salto Keys as a Service. Please check your spam inbox if you don't see it!
Then, follow the instructions HERE: create your Salto account, download the app and install the mobile key!
Note: The Salto app will let you open the building door and the room door, but not the apartment door.
Step 2: 🏠 Open the building door
On the day of your move-in, go to the coliving: Calle Andrés Mellado 80.
Open the building door with the Salto app.
Step 3: 🔑 Get your key
Enter the building, climb the first stairs in the entrance. On the left, you'll find 3 lockers on the left wall. Type the code you received by mail and get your key!
Step 4: 🥳 Find your apartment & your room!
Use the stairs or one of the 2 lifts to go up. Find your flat and open the door with your key. Once you are in the flat, just look for the door with your room number :) You can open it either with the Salto app or your key!
Tip: 🗝 To open the main building door with your key, just pass it over the white device with numbers at the left of the door.
Tip 2: 🗝 You can open all the doors of the coliving with your key and they lock automatically behind you. The only exception is your room door, so you never get locked out of your room. You can open it with your key (green light) and to lock it, just pass the key over the lock again (red light).
🛏 Discover your private space!
Welcome to your room! We hope you like it!
On your first day, we will send you an move-in document. Please check the room to make sure you're not missing anything, and then sign the document asap!
If you chose the bedlinen extra-service, your bed will be equipped with sheets and you'll find towels waiting for you in your bathroom.
Tip: 🔌 Spain operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Tip: 🔑 You can open all the doors of the coliving with your keys and they lock automatically behind you. The only exception is your room door, so you never get locked out of your room. You can open it with your key (green light) and to lock it, just pass the key over the lock again (red light).
👯 Discover the rest of the coliving!
First, let's connect to the wifi.
- In your flat:
XX being your flat number (example: UC_wifi_3C, L0v31sth3key-3C, if you live in 3C).
- In the common areas (entrance, 6C, playroom...)
Name: Urban Campus | Members
In the fridge you'll see your room number assigned to a shelf: that's your spot! Same for the kitchen cupboards!
Here you can find all the information about recycling in Madrid.
Talk with your flatmates to understand how they have organized themselves in the flat: sharing the space, communal supplies, taking out the bins, using the A/C, etc.
Tip: 💦 You can drink the tap water. The water in Madrid is 100% safe and good!
Discover the common areas and meet the rest of the residents!
- 6C is on the 6th floor (opening time: 08.30 - 23.59)
- Playroom in in the basement (-1) (opening time: 08.30 - 23.59)
- Fitness area in on the ground floor (0) (opening time: 24h).
Here some guidelines accorded by and for the community to share the spaces in harmony!
Also, remember you have access to all central apartments from 07.30 to 23.59 and to the central apartment of your floor 24h.
Security: 🧯 You can find extinguishers in the staircases at every floor.
Tip: ↕️ To move around the building, there are two lifts. The one on the left has some manual external doors. Remember to close them every time you leave the lift, if not, someone on another floor will not be able to call for the lift!
🏘 Discover the neighborhood!
Time to take a walk around the "barrio" and maybe do some shopping. The neighborhood is very dynamic and you can find everything you need just a few meters away from your home!
- Carrefour Express: middle-sized supermarket close to the metro station Isla Filipinas
- Carrefour Express: small supermarket on the same street, 50m away from the coliving.
- Dia: small and cheap supermarket on the same street.
Other local shops
- Printing shop Print System: between the small Carrefour Express and the Dia.
- Pharmarcy: opposite the coliving.
- Butchery shop: opposite the coliving (always very friendly with the coliving residents ;)
- ... and clicking on this link will take you to the top 12 of Madrid bars and restaurants, chosen by the community!
📝 Where to find my subscription info?
You have access to all your subscription information via your member area, online. Log in with the mail you used for the booking and you'll have instant access to everything you need to handle your subscription: contracts, bills, payment information, etc.
👀 And remember...
You are joining an amazing community! The other residents are your best allies for this new adventure. Feel free to ask them anything, they will be more than happy to share more tips, good practices and all you need to know about Madrid and the neighborhood.
Anything else you'd like to know? Check out the rest of the Urban Campus Guide 📗! Remember that if you have any questions or requests, or if you just want to say hello, the Urban Campus team is here for you! Contact us on email@example.com or fill up the support form in the member area.