All the information you need, to get a jump start on your new life within the Urban Campus Community.
Your arrival is right around the corner and we’re getting ready to welcome you here, at Urban Campus Cuatro Caminos Coliving! We have prepared for you this onboarding guide to facilitate your move and help you settle in.
🚀 How to get to the coliving?
Cuatro Caminos Coliving is in the South of Tetuán neighborhood. The address is: Calle Topete 14, 28039 Madrid (Google Maps link here).
The closest metro station is Alvarado (line 1, blue), just 100m from the coliving! Cuatro Caminos metro station is also very close (line 1, light blue; line 2 red; circular line 6, grey)
Tip: 🗺 Download the Google Maps map of Madrid before you arrive, to be able to consult it offline, if you find yourself without wifi upon your arrival in the city.
From the airport
- Taxi: The taxi is the best option if you arrive at night or if you are in a hurry. The taxi stand can be found right at the exit of the airport. The price is fixed at 30€, no matter where in the centre of the city you are headed. The taxi will drop you off right outside our coliving, in around 25 min.
- Metro: All airport terminals have access to the metro. It runs from 6.00 to 1.00 (more or less). The price is around 5-6€ and the duration of the trip should be less than 1 hour.
Line 8 (pink): Airport > Nuevos Ministerios - Line 6 (grey): Nuevos Ministerios > Cuatro Caminos
From Atocha train station
- Taxi: The taxi stand is right outside the station. It's a 15 min journey from the station to our coliving.
- Metro: Super easy, there is no change! Metro is available from 6.00 to 1.00 (more or less). The price is around 1,50-2€ and the duration of the trip is around 20 min.
Line 1 (light blue): Atocha > Cuatro Caminos
You can come by car but please not that there is no easy way to park just outside the coliving.
🏠 How to access the coliving?
Move-in is autonomous. We made it as easy and hassle free possible!
Step 1: 📱 Install the Salto app on your phone
You will receive an email to the email address you used to subscribe to Urban Campus, with the subject "Your invitation to Urban Campus / Su invitación a Urban Campus", from Salto Keys as a Service. Please check your spam inbox if you don't see it!
Then, follow the instructions HERE: create your Salto account, download the app and install the mobile key!
Note: The Salto app will let you open all the doors of the coliving.
Step 2: 🏠 Open the building door
When you arrive at the coliving, open the building door with the Salto app.
Step 3: 🥳 Find your apartment!
Find your flat. Use the stairs or the lift in the patio to go up.
Open the apartment door with the Salto app.
If you share an apartment, open the room door with the Salto app too!
Step 4: 🔑 Get your key
In your flat, you will find a Salto key (per person in the subscription) so you can also open the doors with this physical tag, and not only with smartphones ;)
Tip: 🗝 The doors lock automatically behind you! The only exception is your room door if you share an apartment, so you never get locked out of your room. You can open it with your key (green light) and to lock it, just pass the key over the lock again (red light).
🛏 Discover your private space!
Welcome home! We hope you like it!
Remember that the bedlinen & towels service in included for all of you. Fresh bedlinen and towels waiting for you!
On your first day, we will send you a move-in document. Please check the space to make sure you're not missing anything, and then sign the document asap!
Tip: 🔌 Spain operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Tip: 🔑 You can open all the doors of the coliving with your Salto key.
👯 Discover the rest of the coliving!
Discover the common areas and meet the rest of the residents! But first, let's connect to the wifi.
WifiYupee! It's the same in all the building :)
Wifi: Urban Campus | Members
Living in a coliving means enjoying its common areas! They are ready to be used by any member of the building, with restricted access at nights.
- Coworking area
Work with your fellow colivers. You also have 2 phone booths to make calls without bothering the other members.
- Living & kitchen
Perfect place to meet with the community: play, cook, chill, ENJOY!
- Fitness area
The gym is just in your building, no excuses ;)
A very Spanish patio called "corrala". A central area to meet everyone and enjoy fresh air and sunny days.
In order to share these common areas and live peacefully and safely in the coliving space, remember that every resident commits to a series of community guidelines when they join the Urban Campus community.
Tip: ↕️ To move around the building, there is one lift in the patio.
Security: 🧯 You can find extinguishers in the staircases at every floor.
🏘 Discover the neighborhood!
Time to take a walk around the "barrio" and maybe do some shopping. The neighborhood is very dynamic and you can find everything you need just a few meters away from your home, especially in Bravo Murillo street!
- Lidl: middle-sized supermarket in Calle Bravo Murillo
- Carrefour Market: big supermarket just in Cuatro Caminos square: it is open 24/7!
Other local shops
- In Calle Bravo Murillo, you have a big variety of shops, from famous fast foods to clothes shops.
- Mercado Maravillas: one of the famous markets in Madrid, this one is from 1942 and is almost 10.000 sqm. You can find all the fresh products you want but also stop by to drink or eat there.
- Printing shop Folder or Foto Glorieta
- Pharmarcy: you have 2 pharmarcies close, this one and this one!
- ... and clicking on this link will take you to the top 12 of Madrid bars and restaurants, chosen by the community!
📝 Where to find my subscription info?
You have access to all your subscription information via your member area, online. Log in with the mail you used for the booking and you'll have instant access to everything you need to handle your subscription: contracts, bills, payment information, etc.
👀 And remember...
You are joining an amazing community! The other residents are your best allies for this new adventure. Feel free to ask them anything, they will be more than happy to share more tips, good practices and all you need to know about Madrid and the neighborhood.
Anything else you'd like to know? Check out the rest of the Urban Campus Guide 📗! Remember that if you have any questions or requests, or if you just want to say hello, the Urban Campus team is here for you! Contact us on email@example.com or fill up the support form in the member area.
💌 Contacting Urban Campus staff