Sunny days in Madrid are amazing for BBQ-ing: find all the indications to use the barbecue on the terrace of Reyes 4A.
⚠️ The barbecue is a gas barbecue. Do not use coal!
🏠 Responsible use
Use the barbecue with common sense and during appropriate hours and let the community know when you will use it.
Make sure to always use it on the protective carpet and to always cover it with the protective cover after using.
🔛 Turning the barbecue ON
- Before starting, please make sure the BBQ is on the protective black mat to avoid burning/staining the wooden floor.
- The gas tank is on the left side of the BBQ. Open the black gas stopcock with a flicking movement, so that a flame icon is showing on the stopcock. This will open the gas flow.
- Turn one of the two circular knobs and turn it anti-clockwise (to the left) until the knob’s blue circle is pointing at the lightning icon.
- Press the knob to allow the gas to come out and simultaneously, press the pilot button in the middle to light the spark. This will light the flame. It is likely that the pilot button needs to be pressed repetitively until the flame is lit.
Note: In case the pilot button isn't working (no flames):
a. Remove the metal trays on top of the burners.
b. While pushing the correct knob, light up the flame using a long lighter. Be careful!
c. Once the flame is lit, put the metal trays back on top of the burners.
5. Once the flame is lit, press and turn the other knob anti-clockwise in order to light the other burner. This flame should light by itself without pressing the burner button.
6. Grill your food, chow down, and enjoy!
📴 Turning the barbecue OFF
- Turn both knobs clockwise (to the right) until the OFF position is reached in order to turn the burners’ flames off.
- The gas tank is just next to the BBQ. Close the black gas stopcock with a flicking movement, so that the flame icon is NOT showing on the stopcock anymore. This will stop the gas flow
💦 Cleaning the barbecue
After enjoying the BBQ in 6C, make sure to clean it in the next hours! Follow all these steps!
- Close and disconnect the gas container. If it is empty, report to Urban Campus staff.
- Clean the whole BBQ with hot water and KH7. You can use the kettle to warm up water. Careful with the sponge you use, don’t scratch the grill.
- Rinse it until it’s clean :)
- Some fat probably fell on the floor. Use the floor cleaning product and water to clean it.
- Once it is dry, verify everything is in order for the next use. Cover the BBQ with the protection.
If you think the gas bottle is almost empty, let us know asap as it usually takes at least one week to get a new bottle: please send an email to email@example.com or fill up the support form in the member area.